For you football fanatics it seems like only a few weeks ago the season was getting underway and you could finally get our football fix again. Now you've blinked, ate and drank entirely too much during the holidays and the playoffs are upon us. Wildcard weekend filled with snow sounds like the perfect time to hit the bar and watch 4 action-packed matchups! In case you've been living under a rock here are the matchups:
Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs - 4:35 PM EST
Atlanta Falcons @ LA Rams - 8:15 PM EST
Buffalo Bills @ Jacksonville Jaguars - 1:05 PM EST
Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints - 4:40 PM EST
The perfect sports bar is something different in everyone's mind. Some people need a huge beer list, others need crazy food combinations and bar games throughout. Whatever type of bar you're looking for to stay warm and watch the games this weekend, we've got you covered.
Great For TVs
Some people need the fancy bar with crazy food and drink combos, but for the diehard fans all they want is a bar with huge TVs all over the place to catch all of the action. These people want to see every angle of the game on 70" TVs that are so clear you'll think you're in the game. If that's you, we've got a few spots you should check out.
- Twist & Smash'd - Bustling sports bar with many TVs, comfort food, unique spiraled fried potatoes, DJs & bocce ball.
- Smithfield Hall - New American small plates & late-night cocktails set the mood at this restaurant/sports bar hybrid.
- Standings - Pennant-lined walls, TVs & craft beers keep sports fans in the rooting spirit at this tiny bar.
- Shorty’s - Cheesesteaks made with bread shipped in from Philly, plus 20 craft brews on tap & sports on TV.
Great For Their Beer/Drink List
If you love football because it becomes socially acceptable to drink your face off (within reason of course 😉) while people are scoring touchdowns on TV then these places might be more up your alley. They have massive beer lists that will be sure to catch the eye of the beer fanatic in your crew!
- Taproom No. 307 - A wood-framed spot pouring a global variety of draft & bottled craft beers matched with bar bites.
- The New York Beer Company - Spacious stock market-themed bar offering dozens of draft and bottled beers plus basic pub grub.
- Stout - Bi-level bar with long beer list (yes, many stouts) & TVs near Penn Station & Madison Square Garden.
- Bounce Sporting Club - Spacious sports bar featuring creative cocktails & pub fare with a twist, plus frequent DJ music.
Great For The Foodie In Your Group
For those of you who have an insta for the sole purpose of seeing #FoodPorn pics, this next section is for you!
- Mercury Bar West - College-type sports bar with TVs to watch the game, beers on tap & extensive pub food options.
- Saluggi's East - Brick-oven pizzas, sandwiches & pastas, plus coffee & a full bar in an old world-style setting.
- Campeon - Modern sports bar serving elevated Mexican fare plus tequila & cocktails in digs with tons of TVs.
- Atlantic Social - Dale Talde’s crew heads up this American eatery & bar with games, couches & 16 TVs.
Great For The Atmosphere
Want some bar games like ping pong, pool and darts or a bar that plays incredible music to keep the vibes alive! Or maybe you just like a sports bar loaded with memorabilia on the walls to make you feel extra sporty. These bars might be what you're looking for to beat the "Bomb Cyclone".
- Break Bar and Billiards - Large sports bar with TVs for watching the game plus numerous billiards & ping-pong tables.
- Foley's NY Pub & Restaurant - Baseball-centric Irish pub featuring memorabilia, craft beers, bar bites & an old-school gents' loo.
- Libation - This roomy, upscale 3-level club serves drinks galore to a mix-&-mash-up soundtrack.
- The Irish Rover - Corner Irish bar with a traditional feel featuring draft beers, sports on TV, darts & trivia nights.
Looking for a great brunch before the games or another bar to check out after? Check out the app for suggestions you can't beat!